Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Smile

HELLO WORLD!!!!

So I feel like the worst person in the whole world posting about my ACL being torn as a status... I just figured that would be the fastest way to get the word out about it. I meant to tell my rugby coach personally.... Didn't think she actually paid attention to my facebook.... DANG IT!!!

So updates from today.

I had my MRI at 6:15 am today, really a boring process, I took about a 30 minute nap.
then I basically slept until my 4:15 consult with the doctor to go over my MRI results.
guess what world....

I REALLY DID TEAR MY ACL! AND I REALLY DID TEAR MY LCL AND FIBIA!!! AND THAT SUCKS A LOT!!

One thing I didn't love about my doctor, is it seemed as if he was pushing for me to give up sports and opt out of the surgery. I AM STILL YOUNG!! HECK NO!!! I am for sure having the surgery. Tomorrow I meet with the surgeon to discuss my options. I am going to be honest, I would much rather have the surgery in Utah, I feel as if it would be much more convenient for me.

I am trying to have a positive attitude about this. Sure, I will be taken out of all sport activities for the next couple of months. I feel though, that once I am better, I will be more excited about being active, being able to play rugby again, running, doing everything I can. I have decided to take up snowboarding. I have already picked out my coat. IT IS SWEET!! it is zebra stripe, need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment