Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Don't Speak

Today I went to the doctor's office, and by today I guess I mean yesterday. I got more x-rays done, then went to see the actual doctor. The doctor's played with my leg, bending it, twisting it, doing all sorts of stuff. The female doctor had a go at my knee first, it didn't hurt, just a lot of discomfort, but then she came back with the male doctor, he didn't want to miss out on the fun. Man alive when he got ahold of my leg, pain. He had no mercy, it was bizarre.

Once they were done playing with my leg they decided it was time to tell me the bad news. Surprisingly it had nothing to do with an avulsion fracture or my LCL, nope nothing to do with that, and everything to do with my ACL. According to them I tore it, according to them I have two options, do nothing and give up sports/fun things, or have surgery.

Is that really an option??

Today, in about 5 hours I go back to get an MRI done to see what really is wrong with my knee. Then the doctors and I will sit down and have a nice chat about what is wrong with me and the surgery.

lets look at the positive
1. I can cut my bangs, and I want to dye my hair like Emma Stone (her red color)
2. I can probably get handicap parking
3. Next ski season, I am ditching the ski's and learning to snowboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment