Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Don't Stand So Close To Me



Good afternoon,

Welcome to my productive life. Since Saturday my youngest sister has been dreadfully sick, sore throat, no voice, just basically a lot of nastiness. Yesterday I started coming down with something as well. Not fun.
I can no longer breath with my nose, and I feel as if I want to bash my head in. Curse sinus infections.
Yesterday went pretty okay considering.
I have been running everyday for the past couple weeks, this is hopefully helping me being able to run my marathon come September, and helping me to loose weight. Yesterday I only ran 1.5 miles before I wanted to just lay down and die. Not good, something must be wrong with me. BUT I DID RUN!
I had such a productive day planned! I was going to clean my room(which is in the basement) I was going to learn the first part of the single ladies dance! Life was going to be good.
Instead I ended up popping a lot of Cold-Eeze, watching movies, being online, and wanting to die.
I did start this blog! that was on my to-do list. HOORAH FOR ME!
I watched 3 movies, Bolt, Angus Thongs and Perfect Snogging, and Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. I will share with you some insights.
1.) There must be something wrong with me because I started to tear up while watching Bolt.
2.) There is a surprising connection between Angus Thongs and Perfect Snogging and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. If anyone else catches it, let me know. To the rest of the world, stay tuned. I will let you all know tomorrow.
3.) I really really liked the song "Ultraviolet" by the Stiff Dylans in the, Perfect Snogging, movie.
4.) Who knew I would ever be routing for a bunch of 14/15 year olds to be hooking up.
5.) Cloudy was a funny movie.

Ok, so I watched a bunch of feel good movies.

I was also Online a lot.
1.)I created this blog
2.)I checked my Facebook and email account about 100 times.
3.)I googled vintage wedding dresses.
Please let me explain. While on my mission I had the opportunity to work at the Idaho Fall's Temple Visitor Center. There are A LOT of weddings that go on there. A lot of weddings for me to see and judge. Most of the wedding dresses all looked pretty much the same, standard LDS wedding dress. Don't get me wrong, they are all beautiful, they all just kind of look exactly the same.
There was one wedding that I saw that this girl had a B-E-A-UTIFUL vintage 30's wedding dress. The groom looked amazing, and I can't even give this wedding justice! Regardless, the whole thing was beautiful.
Let me explain further, I love dresses.
ok, so I looked at all 57 pages of googles vintage wedding dresses. surprisingly I was drawn to the 50's style.
There were some specific things I was looking for. First and foremost, it had to be modest. There were a lot of wedding dresses that I LOVED! but wouldn't work because of sleeve issues, or low cut issues. Also I don't want a full length wedding dress.
oh well. I am going to post some of my favorite dresses. Let me know what you think.

PS. DON'T JUDGE ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment